Just a quick update to say that the PowerPort removal went as planned. I was there at 5:30, they wheeled me back to the OR on schedule at 7:30, left the OR at 8:15 and drove myself home at 8:45. I can't tell you the number of times this conversation took place:
Them: We're just doing local?
Me: Yes, just local.
Everyone, except the surgeon, seemed quite shocked. The nurses and anesthesiologists didn't know what to do with themselves. In the end it was a few pokes to numb the area and some pulling apparently because he had to rotate the thing to get it out without leaving a big scar. I'm very thankful that I don't have to feel the effects of the gas for the next several days. No one is expecting me at work today so I am now home and prepared to watch a movie on this chilly day with nurse Lilly and take a much needed nap before the kids get out of school. Nurse Ryan is busy making a nice, healthy juice for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment