Sunday, December 14, 2014

Fourth Week Radiation

I finished my fourth week of radiation on Friday. So far things continue to go smoothly. I barely have a skin burn on my breast. My armpit definitely has some color though and feels burned - no one told me the beams would hit this area. This makes me think the calendula is doing it's job because that is the one place I haven't been smearing it on 2-3 times a day for the past month. At this point there is a very distinct diamond pattern so I won't miss the burn zone anymore.

During the week everything is such a blur with dropping off kids, going to work, going to get my treatment, exercising, running Christmas errands, picking up kids, taking kids to well-checks, going to my dentist appointment, cooking dinner, cleaning up after dinner.....I'm doing OK energy-wise during the day probably because I'm running on adrenaline all day long. After dinner and playtime Ryan heads up bath time, we read stories to the kids, and then I collapse on the couch and have been falling asleep by 8/830. I suppose any working parent would be tired at the end of the day after zig-zagging around town like I am these days, regardless of going through radiation. Definitely looking forward to a simplified schedule in January.

And P.S., my eyebrows must have got last week's memo as they are starting to sprout. My morning pencil routine is a bit less frustrating now.

No comments:

Post a Comment