Thursday, October 16, 2014

Chemo #7, Day 2/3

Recovering today after a rough night after chemo #7. The past two times after the T I experienced tingling in my forearms the evening after the chemo, but this time around I had tingling all over my body the entire night - my forearms, wrists, hands, calves, shins, feet, scalp and cheeks. On top of the restlessness of the steroid and the hot flashes I got very little sleep. By the next day most of the tingling was gone and after talking to a nurse she suggested it may have been an allergic reaction and she may be correct as the last two times I started taking my Claritin to combat the upcoming bone pain from the shot, and this time around I forgot to take it so that would have been the only difference. Even with my neatly packed pill box, which Ryan methodically fills with supplements weekly, I have so many pills that I have a hard time keeping things straight.

The kids are at school now and I will try to rest as much as I can while I enjoy the effects of the steroid on the bone pain from the shot. Nurse Lilly is at my side as we speak. By this evening I will begin tapering from the steroid again cause my stomach will have had enough and the bone pain from the chemo will start ramping up in the next couple days again, if like last time peaking around day 6. Counting the days...

1 comment: