There is definitely a pattern which makes me a good guesser. Sunday (day 6) was by far the worst day in terms of bone pain, and today (day 9) appears to be the first day with a noticeable decrease. I should be able to motivate for a short bike ride today which always helps me feel that much better. Never underestimate the power of endorphins.
In terms of other good news that will hopefully help me through the final push, yesterday I discovered that my insurance plan covers up to 15 acupuncture visits per year. Sad that I just now discovered this, but at least I did figure it out. Early on I had made a couple visits to get acupuncture in efforts to relieve the bone pain from the shot - it was relaxing but no match for the shot. I quit going because I was too utterly exhausted to drag myself to the acupuncturist and pay more money for something that wasn't actually solving the problem. Acupuncture is so subtle and gentle, I suppose there was no way that
going once every 2 weeks was ever going to solve anything.The next three weeks will be a great experiment to see how much regular acupuncture treatments can make a difference as I know what it feels like without it. The added bonus is that I LOVE the acupuncturist - he is calm, compassionate and overall very genuine person.
No comments:
Post a Comment