Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Chemo #8, Day 1

Despite my cold my blood counts were good enough to go. Finally, the last day of chemo. I finished on schedule with no delays in treatment and no dose reductions - no small feat.

I'm doing just OK as I'm trying to shut the waterworks off. Maybe I'm somewhat emotional about this hell finally being over, but mostly I think it's because the nurse practitioner that we met with this morning pushed a hot button for me. (An issue that I'm not yet ready to discuss.) Why couldn't she have just let it go and let me get over one hurdle before bringing up new ones?
The last bag of poison

3 comments:

  1. You take things in your time. YOU are the one going through this NOT HER. You do what you need to do for you. One thing at a time. It has to be incredibly difficult not to get overwhelmed by it all. Crying isn't necessarily a bad thing either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Diane. Here's the thing... when you are in a war you are in survival mode and there are a lot of emotions that you have to keep wraps on just to survive. But they are there and may surface for years to come. I know mine do. That's ok, and even good as Diane points out. But you are right about today- screw whatever that nurse said and just appreciate where you are in this journey right now. You're a fighter and you are winning. So very proud of you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire and Diane, really, from the bottom of my heart.

      Delete