Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Chemo #5, Day 1

My red and white blood counts continue to drop, but I am still good to go for the heavy drugs. Quick post from the chemo chair as the sedation period is going to start soon. Today is a new drug and my IV cocktail includes benadryl so I will soon be very sleepy. Benadryl because today's chemo drug includes a risk of allergic reaction which is also why it is administered very slowly. Today's visit will be 3 hours longer than the last drug. Going to be a long day. We got here at 9 and everything is behind schedule because today is the hospital's long-awaited conversion to electronic records. Everyone I've spoken with has complained about it. Poor babies. I have started to remind everyone who bitches and moans about the new system that they could be injected with poison today. Probably not going to get out of here until 3:30 or 4.

Also, today I remembered my fucking lidocaine cream.

UPDATE: OMG! OMG! OMG! My head is boggy and I feel drowsy and she hadn't even finished injecting the benedryl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment