I'm tired, very tired. Got home yesterday and almost immediately went to bed because I was tired and nauseous. Before chemo they give you a couple IV steroids designed to ward off nausea because the last thing they want is for you is to vomit (which I have not yet). The nausea that I have is best described as spending too much time on a roller-coaster, all day long. Laying down seems to help so Lilly and I began our audio books which was nice to pass time.
Another example of just how intuitive pets are....normally at night-time Lilly sleeps at the foot of our bed. However, last night from the get go she cuddled up and spooned with me all night long. My first night of sleep is very interrupted from the drugs, but every 1.5-2 hours when I would wake up I was greeted by a purring cat.
 |
| Nurse Lilly |
Today I got a slow start, had breakfast and visited with Pam, got on the internet for awhile, made it to my appointment for the evil shot, got home and ate lunch and have been in bed trying to sleep since. No luck, so I'm writing an update and then will be back to the audio book. If like the last 3 rounds, the joint pain will start in my cheek and jawbones this evening and will have spread to my shoulders, arms, and back by tomorrow a.m. Interesting thing is that I don't get the joint pain in my legs. Such a shame to waste the power of my large bones and have the bone marrow in my puny cheek and arm bones work overtime. The next 2 days will be the tough ones.
I received a few very thoughtful care packages in the last couple days, wonderful dinners, and many well-wishes. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment