Chemo #5 is done. I had a nice homemade pizza dinner and at this very moment am actually feeling less queasy and tired than I did when I went in this a.m. The new chemo drug is supposed to have less nausea effect, so my current state is probably a function of the IV steroid that is still given to prevent nausea. Right now I'm just kind of puttering around wondering what the hell is going to happen next? Common side effects of the new drug include joint pain (more joint pain, on top of the evil shot joint pain?!) and neuropathy. If I get joint pain it will be sooner than later, but the neuropathy is typically something that gradually sets in. Last time the joint pain from the shot was very bad, so bad. Despite being adamant not to take any pain narcotics for personal reasons, I've caved a bit and this time around I'm going to try a prescription non-narcotic for a few days and experiment with more clashing side effects. The claritin, ibuprofen, tylenol, and acupuncture just aren't cutting it.
Speaking of drugs. If you want to fall asleep fast I suggest you get a syringe and inject benadryl into you jugular vein. [kidding of course...] Within seconds I was INSANELY sleepy today and slurring my language like I'd just drank a bottle of wine. Holy moly! I managed to stay awake just long enough to scarf down my Bento salad.
Off to watch Homeland....
No comments:
Post a Comment