Thursday, September 18, 2014
Day 3, Steroid is Helping
The new steroid is helping with my joint pain. I still have joint pain, but at a tolerable level. Normally on day 3 I wake up, cry over my cereal, and head back to bed for 36 hrs with pain, grogginess, and nausea. I don't think my back is up for a walk today, but I am okay in a seated position so I will be able to pass the time with family, books, and TV which will help my emotional state vs. being alone and horizontal in a dark room for 36 hrs. Plus, being upright will help me be able to eat, drink and stay hydrated better which is so important right now. And it didn't hurt to take a shower today! I'm sure the drawback to being on the steroid for a few days will be fatigue coming off of it as there were multiple times last night that I was wide awake for an hour or so, but for now I'm grateful for the pain reduction. I've never fully understood the addiction to narcotics, to me the nasty side effects are worse and linger longer than any pain relief provided. But now I understand why NFL players like their roids so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment